PRE-DEPARTURE EDUCATION PROGRAM
Country-Specific Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS). PDOS is a one-day comprehensive orientation for OFWs on the employment contracts, country profile, health and safety, financial literacy, travel tips, and other useful information to prepare them for their departure.
Comprehensive Pre-Departure Education Program (CPDEP). CPDED is a live-out training for Domestic Worker. It is conducted for three (3) to six (6) days and focuses on language training, culture familiarization and stress management to prepare them for life overseas.
IN-COUNTRY REINTEGRATION SERVICES
Short-Term Training and Scholarship Programs
- Skills-for-Employment Scholarship Program (SESP) provides for a maximum of Php14,500.00 per course leading to the completion of a vocational or technical course in any TESDA accredited school.
- Information Technology (IT) Training Program is a computer literacy training for OFWs and families geared towards upgrading their skills in computer operation.
- OFW Enterprise and Loan Development Program (OFW-ELDP) (formerly 2B Reintegration Program) provides for Program Orientation and Business Appreciation; Project-specific training/visit to demo farm and immersion; and Business Plan Writing Seminar. Under the OFW-ELDP, interested OWWA members may loan between Php100,000 to Php2 million for a single proprietorship enterprise; or between Php100,00 to Php5 million for corporations – with a fixed annual interest rate of 7.5% for a maximum of a 5-year term.
- Balik-Pinas, Balik-Hanapbuhay Program provides for additional cash assistance of Php10,000.00 for those with ongoing livelihood business projects.
- Psycho-Social Services (Counselling, etc.)
- Support to OFW Family Circle
- Skills Training and Enhancement
- NRCO Services
MAJOR PROGRAMS FOR OFWS AND FAMILIES
Education and Training Assistance
- Under the Seafarer’s Upgrading Program (SUP), Php7,500.00 may be availed every three (3) recorded membership
- Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) is an educational assistance for four to five (4 to 5) year baccalaureate courses with maximum of Php60,000.00 yearly tuition fee. From 200 slots, OWWA now offers 400 slots available for 1st year college; and 588 slots for 2nd to 5th year college applicants. Also, 12 slots are available for meritorious cases.
- OFW Development Scholarship Program (ODSP) is an educational assistance that can be availed of dependents of OFWs whose salaries are US$600.00 and below. With an annual scholarship slot increased from 1,250 to 2,500, this program offers educational assistance for four to five (4 to 5) year baccalaureate courses with maximum of Php20,000.00 yearly tuition and other academic-related expenses.
- Disability and Dismemberment – up to Php100,000.00 for injuries sustained due to accident while working abroad.
- Death Benefit – Php100,00.00 for death due to natural cause; and Php200,000.00 for death due to accident.
- Burial Benefit – Php20,000.00 for funeral expenses on top of death benefits.
Welfare Assistance Program (WAP)-Cash Assistance
- Bereavement Assistance – Php20,000.00 for non-active members with validity of filing within three (3) years after death of OFW-member
- Strong Typhoons, Heavy Flooding, Earthquake and other Natural Disasters/Crises – Php1,000.00 for active member and Php500.00 for non-active members.
- Man-Made Disasters/Crises and Other Similar Cases – Php3,000.00 for active members and Php1,500.00 for non active members.
Medical Assistance for OFWs (MEDPLUS) provides a maximum of Php50,000.00 for active OWWA and Philhealth members on top of the regular Philhealth benefits – for those who have sustained dreaded diseases – confinement coverage date effective 01 February 2017.