Jurisdiction of POLO-TOKYO
Guiding Principle and Coverage
HOW TO APPLY?
Japanese Company/Employer to ensure that the following minimum criteria are present:
- The Job Category/Position is strictly Highly Skilled Professional (Managerial, Supervisory, Technical Level e.g. Engineer, Professor, etc.)
- The compensation package/benefits should be over and above the minimum required by POEA (e.g. High salary and with other benefits, allowances etc.)
- The person to be hired must be at least college graduate and has adequate expertise/knowledge and work experience related to the job (with good credentials)
Submit complete documentary requirements to POLO Tokyo either personally (make an appointment thru our Online Queuing System: https://polotokyo.dole.gov.ph/appointment-system/ ) or through post mail. (5-15-5 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-8537 Philippine Embassy, Philippine Overseas Labor Office). Company details in the letterpack should be written in romaji/English. Attach a return letter pack (JP), or filled-up chakubarai (sagawa).
POLO Tokyo Processing Officer to evaluate the documents and its contents. Evaluation Period: five (5) to seven (07) working days. INCOMPLETE application will be returned. Companies/employers can only follow-up if no notice/feed-back was received after 7 working days.
If everything is found to be in order/complete after the evaluation, POLO Tokyo will conduct interview and/or site visit. (Interview details/conditions will only be discussed when company has successfully passed the evaluation stage). If there are items for correction/revisions after the interview, POLO Tokyo shall return the documents to the Employer/Principal for correction/revision. If complete, proceed to the next step.
If everything goes smoothly after the interview, Japanese EMPLOYER/COMPANY can now apply for Certificate of Eligibility (COE) at the Japanese Immigration Bureau.
POLO Tokyo to release/send original verified documents with endorsement letter to the Employer upon receipt of the copy of the COE.
Employer to send the original verified documents and the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the worker in the Philippines.
The worker to acquire entry visa at the Japanese Embassy in the Philippines.
The worker will submit the original verified documents and copy of visa to POEA for final approval and issuance of POEA clearance and lastly the exit pass-Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC)
- POLO DOES NOT COLLECT FEES FOR THE VERIFICATION PROCESS.
- POLO Tokyo does not recognize third-party entities (brokers, immigration lawyers, or anyone not directly connected with the company) when inquiring, submitting and follow-up of necessary documents.
- Use A4 size paper only. Do not staple the documents, you may only use paper clip
- The documents should be arranged/organized in accordance with the checklist
- ALL details must be ENCODED/TYPE-WRITTEN
- All documents in Japanese language shall be translated to English. All translation shall either have a certificate of translation or at least affix the name, signature and/or inkan of the person who translated the material.