PHILIPPINE OVERSEAS LABOR OFFICE (POLO) Tokyo, Japan
The Philippine Overseas Labor Office in Tokyo, Japan is the Department of Labor and Employment’s (DOLE) overseas operating arm in the implementation of Philippine labor policies and programs for the protection of the rights and promotion of the welfare and interests of Filipinos working in Japan.
The POLO Tokyo shall provide services to Filipino migrant workers in Japan to protect their rights and promote their welfare.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the DOLE’s overseas employment program in a manner consistent with the Governments overall policy thrust;
- Verify employment contracts and other employment-related documents including the accreditation of foreign principals;
- Assist OFWs in their problems arising out of employer-employee relationship;
- Monitor and report to Home Office (HO) economic, political and labor market situations and policy developments in the host country that may affect Filipino migrant workers and Philippine labor policies;
- Promote and conduct reintegration programs;
- Initiate community development program and support socio-cultural activities of the Government, host country, Filipino community organizations and other entities; and
- Perform other functions as may be directed by the Secretary of Labor and Employment.
ONE-DOLE OVERSEAS OPERATIONS SYSTEM
All POLO Tokyo personnel and local hires are mandated to work as one unified team under the one-DOLE Overseas Operations System.